The work week is halfway over already; it's very hard to believe. My routine is set and I have been having good luck with the busses in the morning, catching bus #4 which conveniently drops me off on the O'Connell Street bridge in the city center. The commute is standard, taking just about an hour, and I arrive in Sandymount with plenty of time for a cup of tea (or coffee, depending on my level of alertness that morning.)
I spent most of the day working with one physiotherapist. She is quite young and really is great at what she does. She can pull a smile out of any child, regardless of the situation, and I am learning so much by just observing her interactions with the children. I am very fortunate that she lets me get involved, and the time passes by all too quickly. For lunch, I joined a group of therapists as they took their break in the park. The sun was beautiful, once again, and the conversation was very interesting. I am amazed by the realization that one minute I seem to relate to much of the conversation and then the next second the topic changes and I am reminded I am in Ireland. I appreciate these moments when I am forced to step back and acknowledge the fact that the culture is different, and I should embrace it while I am here. I feel I have adapted to the accent, but still get caught up on some of the lingo. Regardless of my level of understanding, I love it all.
Tuesday is tennis day! After work, we all changed into our tennis attire and I drove over with two of the girls as we listened to the Glee soundtrack. I sat in the front seat (on the left hand side of course) and continued to fight the urge to grab the steering wheel which I believed should have been located in front of me. They laughed when I shared this instinct and the drive was very fun nonetheless. The tennis match was lighthearted and after an hour or so I was given a ride back to the DART station and made my way back to DCU.
As the semester is quickly coming to an end, the workload seems to be increasing. My next obstacle is a paper due this Friday for my Arts in Ireland class. I cannot complain; as with the rest of the country, when the sun is out, the problems in Ireland disappear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment