The sun was shining today. I could not believe it. Determined to keep my warm winter jacket in the closet, I stepped outside this morning in my new spring coat (expecting to be cold) and was pleasantly surprised with the beautiful weather. After a weekend in Barcelona, it has been a difficult adjustment back to the characteristic gloomy days of Dublin and the sunshine this morning made the commute to work one of the best that I have had.
Today was my last day of work without the children in school and I am glad for that. Their two week holiday ends on Friday and they will be back to school when I return to work on Monday. The day passed by relatively quickly even without the interesting interactions which I am used to. After work, I took advantage of the weather and ate dinner on the campus of Trinity College. While eating, I watched some students play what I think was cricket, all the while trying to convince myself that I was not currently dreaming. Between the architecture that was surrounding me and the interesting sport I was trying to comprehend, I had to fight off ideas that I was living in a Harry Potter esque world. Regardless of my dream like state, I was refreshed and ready for our Arts in Ireland field trip to the National Gallery. I had already been through the museum, but it was neat to learn more about the Irish modern art which is kept in the museum. Tired from the long day, we all took the bus back to DCU when the museum tour was over, excited for a break.
I'm looking forward to a weekend in Dublin. I did a countdown today, and the program ends in only 22 days. Too crazy to think about; for now I am going to make sure I can do it all before we're done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment