As I had already eaten before we went, I decided to get a little dessert, made from chocolate tea biscuits (or chocolate digestives as they are more commonly called). It was absolutely scrumptious.
We walked around for a bit and then headed down to a craft market which Cathy had told us about. Melissa and Molly found beautiful dresses; I unfortunately was too tall for any of the options but still had fun trying on different things.
From the markets, we took the DART to Bray, a southern coast. It was apparent that everyone had the same idea, because the DART was packed. After a quick 50 minute ride we had arrived and set out for the water. The rocky beach was a bit difficult to walk on. I had to laugh as Molly struggled with the little rocks until she came up shore.
Very different from the New Jersey sand, that's for sure.
With the sun shining we decided we had to take a little nap!
These little yellow flowers smell like coconuts...can you believe it?
There was a "cliffwalk" between Bray and another coast called Greystones. Although we did not make it all the way to the second coast, the walk was beautiful and we strayed from the path for a bit of excitement.
Before we knew it, it was 6:00 and time to head home! The DART took us back to the city center and we caught a bus back to DCU. It was a wonderful day with no specific agenda and I was very thankful for the gorgeous weather.
No comments:
Post a Comment