Before we started our internships, we had a brief meeting to discuss our upcoming placements. In general, we were warned that the Irish tend to "slag" or pick on one another in social situations. I thought this was great, mainly because I know I can take a joke and think it makes the workplace much more fun. Today made me smile as I realized how comfortable I have become in such a short time. As we were all walking back from lunch, one of the therapists commented on the way the other had developed an American accent as a result of spending so much time with me. Hearing her say "awesome" or "o man!" in a poor attempt to imitate me just made me laugh and they all got quite the kick out of listening to me in my best Irish accent. After hearing it for over three and a half months, you would have thought I would have perfected the tone, but I still have work to do. Guess I will have to make a trip back in the future.
After work, we went for our weekly tennis outing in Herbert Park. As we pulled up to the courts, the sky greeted us with dark clouds and we debated whether or not we should go through with the game. We're in Ireland so I'm sure you can guess the decision. They certainly do not let a little bit of rain stop them from the fun, and we ended up having a very entertaining hour of tennis!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment