With heavy clouds and light rain, we all made it through our last day of class for the week. I'm definitely experienced with this dreary weather and like to remind myself of what Catherine always told me at school, "its not dreary, its dramatic." I think I'm in for a very dramatic semester, but I will embrace it full force with my rain jacket and umbrella.
After class we had a little tutorial for our upcoming trip to Northern Ireland which will take place at the end of the month. When the weekend finally arrived, my friend Molly and I went to a spinning class at the gym. With a mix of Irish pop (I'm guessing) and "Eye of the Tiger" classics that we were all familiar with, we cycled for 45 minutes leaving our legs very jiggly when trying to leave. The teacher was fantastic. During the class, he made us sing and wave our arms around and really got us involved. I had a blast and look forward to continuing with it. Maybe we will even meet some of the people who are regulars.
After a full exercise, I made myself a nice bowl of pasta to rejuvenate and a group of us headed downtown to Dublin and went to Quays Bar. They had live music and they played a mix of their own original Irish favorites as well as common American songs including the Beatles. Here is a short video of them showing off their musical talents between songs.
We had a great time singing along and enjoying the atmosphere. I even won a free CD so I would have to say it was a good night.
Looking out the window today, I see the sun shining and we are all prepared to take full advantage of the weather while we can. We're heading into Dublin in a few minutes, so I'll be on later to write more about today's adventure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
free cd AND awesome spinning class AND live music sounds like a wonderful rainy day in dublin :)
ReplyDelete