Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Sun Shines in Dublin

Quick break from spring break updates...

It was a beautiful day in Dublin, the sun shining to reflect our happiness at having a weekend with no agenda. Today Tara, Marion, Mary, Cathy and I headed down to the city center for the weekly farmers market in Temple Bar. It was quite the scene. They had one section filled with fresh produce and another with other goodies including pastries, fresh meats and desserts.




I bought a sandwich and we headed over to St. Stephens Green, a large public park, for a picnic lunch.






There was a Scotland vs. Ireland rugby match today in Dublin, and the kilts were everywhere!

With the beautiful turn in the weather, people flocked to the streets to enjoy the sunshine and the city was packed. Different musical acts filled the pedestrian walkways.




After some browsing through shops and wandering around, Cathy and I set out to see some of the cathedrals in Dublin which I have not seen yet. First stop was Christ Church Cathedral...



followed by St. Patrick's Cathedral.



After a quick stop at a local farmers market for fresh fruit, we caught the bus and headed back to DCU to regroup.

No comments:

Post a Comment