Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"Sounds Rather Good"

I am very sad to report that we had our last music class tonight. The past seven weeks have flown by as we've dabbled in the art of Irish music. Now ready for the professional life, or at least that of the pubs, we played as a group for the last time. The night did not proceed as usual; we were blessed with the opportunity to play with some real live Irish musicians! Our teacher invited three guests who played the accordion, fiddle and guitar and he took his turn on the banjo. To say we had a blast was an understatement. Huge smiles were plastered on everyone's faces as we had the opportunity to participate in the unique and lively style of music. When class was nearly over, we had the group play one last song for us, which I recorded! I will post it soon! It was neat to see the expression of the other musicians as they watched us play our Bodhran's; you could tell they were impressed! I saw the one woman say to the other, "wow, only six weeks!" Overall, a wonderful experience and one that I am very sad to see end so soon. We are all hoping to eventually purchase a Bodhran to take home with us so we can continue playing after we leave.

Reality hits once the Bodhran is put away because it's time to study for finals. Here is a quick run down of the week:
- Wednesday: History Final
- Thursday: Sociology Final
- Friday: start of Spring Break and off to Rome!

No comments:

Post a Comment