Wednesday, February 3, 2010

And The Rain Continues...

After a truly magical weekend, it's hard to believe that reality waits for me here at DCU. Reality is not a bad thing, don't get me wrong, I just never included thoughts of grocery shopping, cooking and homework in my ideal imaginings of this trip. However, the past three days since our trip have been very busy but uneventful.

It's nice to think in these terms, because I'm realizing that I really am adjusting to the area. Things like the Euro, the traffic heading in the wrong direction, and even the accents are not as noticeable as they were when I stepped off the plane. Just because these things are becoming more familiar does not mean I am taking them for granted, for I still wake up every morning excited for the next opportunity.

So what have I been doing? Classes are picking up, we have topics assigned for two papers and not too much time to complete them. Quizzes and reading assignments are now more common than before, making the weeks fly by. Yesterday at the gym, an older man commented on my Michigan shirt (my Pitt clothes were all dirty ha sorry Tim), and before I knew it he was providing me with helpful traveling hints and explaining his whole personal background. I do not think I will ever grow tired of this; the Irish have been so welcoming thus far and are quite chatty.

In our History of Ireland class, we're learning about the condition in Northern Ireland in preparation for our upcoming trip this weekend. I'm really interested to see how that goes. More on that will come, but for now I'll sign off saying goodbye for now or "Slán go fóill."

1 comment:

  1. YAYAYAYYA i love your blog! Now I can properly stalk you everyday! Get excited :)

    ReplyDelete