It's Wednesday already? Where has the time gone? The week has flown by in the midst of paper writing, spring break planning and the same daily responsibilities that seem to have followed me to Dublin...
Good news: two papers done! I turned in my paper on abortion in Ireland yesterday morning, feeling both enlightened by what I had learned and relieved that it is behind me. With the books returned to the library, my next obstacle is finals, which we will all tackle next week.
In the meantime, DCU has created a week long event known as RAG week (Raise up And Give). In an effort to raise money for charity, many events have been going on throughout campus. Four charities, including the Special Olympics in Ireland, UNICEF for Haiti, The Alan Kerrins African Project and the DCU Educational Trust have been chosen to raise support. The campus is more alive this week than ever, with bands playing in the Hub and dunk tanks soaking students outside! It's neat to see everyone having so much fun for a positive cause.
A fun side note...
The more time I spend here in Dublin, the more I find two competing forces in the chocolate arena. Right now, I would have to declare a tie between Cadbury Creme Eggs and Penguin Chocolate (made by British company called McVities.) Cadbury eggs are pretty self explanatory, but the Penguin chocolates have pleasantly surprised me. With two chocolate wafers covered in chocolate and wrapped with a corny joke regarding penguins, these addicting treats not only satisfy my sweet tooth, but improve my sense of humor at the same time! What a deal! Instead of feeling guilty for indulging, I figure it is a good excuse to put my gym membership to use.
Our Gaelic word of the day in Sociology was "Dochas," meaning "hope." A good thought to leave you with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment