Today was an exciting day as well. I had my interview for my upcoming internship with Enable Ireland.
The organization specializes in pediatric neurology and is comprised of a day school and outpatient therapy. The commute was a bit of a hike, door to door took about an hour and involved a bus into the city center and a ride on the DART (Dublin Area Rapid Transit). Overall though, not as bad as I had expected. The interview itself was very informal and welcoming, I was led into the cafeteria or "canteen" as they call it, offered a cup of tea, and then was introduced to the lead Physical and Occupational Therapists. They were interested to hear about my time here in Dublin and my adjustment thus far. It sounds like I will be able to see and learn so much while I'm there. I made my way back to the city center and met my friend Melissa, who also had an interview downtown today. We celebrated with fish and chips and headed back to DCU together. The rest of the night consisted of a trip to Tesco, the cheaper grocery store in Dublin, and homework. DCU students are back on campus for the first time today, so I'm listening to people socializing outside as I'm writing this; the sound of people laughing and shouting is comforting, almost like I'm back in Pittsburgh (except for the snow!). Tomorrow is an early morning, we have a fieldtrip in Dublin, so I'm off to bed but more will come tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment